Sunday 15 May 2016

Ada Apa Dengan Yogyakarta 2016 - Part Uno



May peace be upon you people.

Happy weekend! Thought of updating this blog and since currently I am in the mood so here goes a lil write up on my #cuticutisakinah trip recently (*read : few weeks ago) to Yogyakarta. I got a lot of these every time people asked me where will I be going :

"awak suka kan pergi belah-belah Indonesia"
"oh aku dah pergi dah, takde apa pun kat situ"
" ada apa dekat sana?"

That's the thing, we might look up at the same stars but we see such different things. Our perspectives may vary about the place because people,you don't dig hard enough to get the gems! So here's a post to answer all of your curiosities.

My family and I have never been to Yogyakarta before so we decided to explore the place but end up falling in love with it. The place, the people and the environment really makes you feel like home. Oh and do note that if you need the best vacation planner do contact my mom. She's the Guru when it comes to finding great places and arranging itineraries. Anyway, it's a plus minus 2 hours  journey by plane to Yogyakarta and we went there for 4 days 3 nights but regretted it afterwards. We should've stayed longer.

Our arrival was welcomed by Didik, the driver aka tour guide for this trip *highly recommended*. Reasonable price, very flexible and reliable. I can't remember their official FB but you can PM me anytime for the contact number.



DAY 1

1. HUTAN PINUS CIBUBUR



Soonest after touched down, we headed to Hutan Pinus Cibubur. It was about an hour journey from Adisucipto airport. Mind you, it was not the only Hutan Pinus there but according to our tour guide, Cibubur has the best view of all. Free admission for public and you can have picnic around the place. You can also rent a hammock if  you want like my picture up there. Fyi, I stole someone's hammock unintentionally because I thought the hammock was there for the public LOL.


2. GUMUK PASIR BARCHAN


Gumuk Pasir was like a mini Sahara dessert in Yogyakarta where you can do sandboarding and they have pre-wedding photoshoot service too. The sandboard rental was around 70,000 rupiah (RM20+) per pax plus a guide to teach you the basics and you can play as long as you want to. It's a beautiful place especially during sunset.



3. 1001 MALAM HOTEL







My mom booked this hotel because she loves the surrounding. It gives all the au naturel vibes, like living in a jungle in the middle of town, pretty neat huh? The only access to this hotel is on foot but don't worry it's only 30 metres (a minute) away from the main road and trust me when you see the hotel, all that won't matter anymore. The staffs were friendly, room was comfortable, free wifi and they served light breakfast too. One more thing, the hotel was just a walk away from the most famous and major shopping street there, Jalan Malioboro. *Highly recommended*


*To be continued*



The Dreamwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment