Tuesday 9 February 2016

Don't try to rush things that need time to grow.




For the past few years of not writing, I am truly sorry for my dear self. As if the journey I'm taking is near its expiration date, I run for it while I shouldn't. I run for it until I'm exhausted, I run for it until I'm out of breath, I run for it until my legs bleed so much I could no longer run. Truly Allah is the Best Planner, if not for the wound I would never stop and realize how beautiful it is to brisk walk and enjoy the wind that brushes past me and smell the fresh earthy-smell of grass after the rain.

That's life, kids. The more you rush to it the more it seems so far away. I know how hard it is to cope with what you're dealing right now, I know you're so eager to skip the time into the future. I've been there and I've done all that. The thing is life is like a broken mixtape, you can play, pause, skip to the next song but you can never rewind.In the end, it's your call. You can always press skip to your favourite jam or let the music play till the end of the tape.

I like to remind people to enjoy the little things in life. Really, if you're now in your high school age, go act like one! It's okay to fail your addmath quiz, to fall in and out of love, to worry about your pimples. Embrace the moment you're living in now. No matter how hard it may seem, endure. Feel the pain, get rid of your fear and come out strong. Appreciate your loved ones before it's too late, as you grow older, make time for people not money.

And as you're approaching the age where you receive more wedding invitation than birthday's, be cool with it. You'll get a lot of "So when is your turn?" because people likes to talk, let them be. Make peace with it and if necessary liberate yourself from toxic people. You know what's best for you, don't let other people get to you.

Care about others but live for yourself. :)



The Dreamwriter.





No comments:

Post a Comment