Monday 29 July 2013

Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

May peace be upon you :)

     Recently I've bought this thing called Samsung Galaxy S4 and since some of le friends asked as whether it was a worth purchase or another overrated device,I decided to write a review about it.My answer would be between the two but it really depends on how dependable the device is to you.


What you can do with this device:

1.Air gesture/Air view


        You just need to hover your hand to the left or right to view the pictures or up and down for scrolling purpose.Given the situation where say you wanna bake a cake by referring to the recipe in the phone,to avoid from getting your phone dirty,just hover your finger or hand over the phone.Easy ain't it?Oh plus you can also answer a call with this air gesture mode.



2.Smart scroll




         You can scroll a web page simply by tilting your head up and down when you look at it on S4. It would be useful if you're standing in a crowded train or bus and holding the phone with one hand but frankly speaking I won't do that in public,it'll look as if I'm having a seizure or something,LOL



3.Smart pause


         The video will pause automatically when you look away from the phone and it'll play from where you left off.However the downside to it is that sometimes it can't detect you and the mode can't be use in a dark room.


4.Dual shot

         You can take photo that shows both the picture being photographed and also the photographer as well.For someone photogenic like moi,this is some sort of a credit.


5.Voice Command

         This might come in handy for those who're driving or simply a lazy ass.You can control the music by saying 'pause' , 'play' , 'volume up' , 'volume down' , 'previous' or 'next' . I've tried this and am offended by the racial discrimination of the voice recognition -_- Fyi, it doesn't detect Manglish but when I use British accent (ain't joking about this) it finally worked. Pfttt,the first racist phone I've ever encountered.When you're driving and your phone is ringing,you can answer the phone by saying 'answer' and it'll automatically answer with the speaker on or say 'reject' to reject the call.And also you don't need to press the capture button instead to snap some photo,just simply say 'cheese' , 'smile' , 'shoot' or 'capture' .For those sleepyhead around the world, this phone is meant for us where when your alarm started to annoy you in the morning, you don't have to waste your energy shutting it off,you just need to shout 'stop' or 'snooze' and go back to sleep.


6. S Beam

     I didn't have the chance to try it yet but all I know is that you can transfer your contacts,pictures or songs by placing the devices back to back. It's like bluetooth but faster when all you need to do it placing them like in the illustration below.However I'm not sure it can be applied to all Android users or for only certain models.


            I guess fer now,these are what I see as an upside to the phone yet maybe there's a whole lot more than what I've discovered so you can google it up if you need a firmer reason to buy this thing.However prior to you buying this you need to know that sometimes the phone lag if you installed too many apps,I guess every phone does but when I bought it with that much of a cash I expect for some upgraded quality.I had to reboot it once because it won't turn on after I charged it but fret not people it was perhaps due to my mistake when I installed too many apps simultaneously.So some piece of advice,don't install too many apps and use a simple launcher instead.



Till then,
The DreamWriter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment