Thursday 23 July 2015

DIY fiesta

May peace be upon you.

I finally have ample time to start my blogging again since my last semester for my final year has ended a few weeks ago. After 3 years of nagging on and on about the hardship and the struggle of being a student, funnily when it ended, I feel empty. *insert emotional song here*

Moving on, so since I had all the time in the world, I decided to unlock a "creating art" achievement in my life. I swear it started out as a matter of killing the time, but soon I learnt that it really is addictive.


The first one was supposed to be more of a galaxy painting but I kinda ruined & fixed it again.


While painting, I had this idea of doing a room make over since my room can be described as dull and unlively for a female's bedroom. The first step is to get rid of all the unwanted things that has been lingering in your room for some time now. I love discovering beautifully decorated rooms on tumblr and my most favourite happened to be this one so far:


So the goal is to have something similar to that. I started to think on how to reorganize everything in my room. As for the books I came up with the floating bookshelves I stumbled on the internet. It is perfect to organize your books apart from making you feel like you're in Hogwarts :]



TADAAAAAA! *proud emoji*. My dad basically did all the drilling but still it's a doable DIY if you wanna give it a try. Spot the clock beside the bookshelves? Well as I got bored of the clock, I decided to leave a magical touch on it. 



The DIY session did not stop there as the thought of recycling some materials in my room had me reused the cardboard and made it into a 3D cardboard initials.




It's a simple DIY and doesn't cost you much really and it sure gives a finishing touch to my invisible bookshelves.



For now, my bedroom is still a work in progress. I'll let you know when it is done and I'm thinking of decorating the wall with a world map poster. Any suggestion on where I could find that?




No comments:

Post a Comment